15th June

15th June
Pedrouso to Santiago de Compostela

It seemed like a really long slog today.  Some of the way was pleasant pathways and some was on the road.  We climbed to Monte Gozo and saw the large sculpture before descending towards Santiago.  It seemed to take forever to reach the old part of the city but once there it was all very familiar.  The sound of the bagpipes not only gave me goosebumps but led us to the square in front of the Cathedral.  There is a shell in the middle of the square and I was told if you touch it it means you'll return here.  I did just that so I'm sure to come back.

It's a really good feeling to arrive in Santiago and not feel the journey is over.  After a well deserved rest day tomorrow we will start out again to Finisterre and then onto Muxia.  I'm not ready for this journey to end just yet.

2 comments:

  1. I just got goosebumps from you mentioning those bagpipes. Will definitely not forget them.

    Sitting here at my desk at work and you've taken me back nearly 2 years. I remember that so well. So proud of you guys. But the journey for you is not yet finished. Happy trails :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Naomi, that's lovely.

    ReplyDelete