13th June

13th June
Sobrado do Monxes to Arzua 22k

It was really chilly this morning so we started out well rugged up.  We had some nice country lanes for a while but before too long we were back on the bitumen.  Four of us walked single file marking time lost in our own thoughts for ages.  

I was excited to be on my way to Arżua and to see how my memories of the place were.  It was strange arriving here as we arrived from a different direction this time so nothing was familiar.  We found our accommodation, got cleaned up and headed into town and that's where the memories flooded back.  I wanted to go to the bar where we sat with Pierre and Dave waiting for the laundry to open 18 months earlier and go to Mass where we went with our Camigos last time.  It's great to be back on the Francais Route.  It's comforting in a strange way.  I'm very excited about the next couple of days making our way back to Santiago on familiar ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment